Thursday, May 6, 2010

Brooke and Joe: Nashville, TN Engagement Photography

Brooke and I went to high school together but of course lost touch like everyone from high school does until facebook reunited us all in recent years. Of course I was thrilled when she contacted me interested in wedding photography. We got together two weeks ago to shoot their engagement pictures. We had a long but super fun day exploring the city and finding little nooks to snap some pictures in. Brooke hasn't changed since high school...I don't know how THAT'S fair! And Joe was so fun, and he LOVED to make her laugh. If you look closely Brooke is nearly on the verge of hysteria in almost every image. You'll notice our session was set in beautiful downtown Nashville.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have to admit looking at these now tugs at my heart a bit...not only because the couple is adorable and so clearly crazy about each other but because many of the places in these photos are now underwater. The floods that devastated middle Tennessee last weekend has left our city in shambles, of course we'll recover, but it will take time and hard work to get our city back to the way it was. It's so odd to look at these pictures and think that we were just walking there, laughing, talking, snapping pictures...and now it's just a muddy submerged mess. I can only imagine what those who lost everything are going through - no. No actually, I can't imagine it. My heart goes out to them, my prayers, my thoughts - everything.

No comments: