Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dillen: Smyrna, TN Children's Photographer

Meet Dillen, cute, full of energy, and super smart! I had the best time with this sweet family while taking pictures of their adorable two year old little girl! I love working with kids; it's very different than working with adults when it comes to portraits. I have a heavy preference for natural images, if you've worked with me - you know there is very little 'sit still and...smile.' Grown ups take some work before they loosen up in front of a camera. For me, it's almost easier with kiddos - everything you capture is natural, in the moment, honest expressions - because that's all they have. They don't know or care how they are 'supposed' to act in front of a camera...they just want to play. So I say to parents with young children, if you hire me to photograph them - don't worry if they are not looking at the camera, don't worry if they are playing in the dirt, if it makes them happy - let them do it. (This is by no means meant to apply to raising children...just photographing them) Because happy kids are the easiest ones to work with and they make the best pictures. As you can see below, Dillen played - she had fun the whole time and was so taken with an abandoned road and a puddle at the end that she didn't want to leave!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket